WMS is one of the Gold Coast’s leading Chartered Accounting firms with an outstanding team of professionals, including 7 Partners.
Living on the Gold Coast provides us with a fantastic way of life. We have pristine beaches, beautiful hinterland and endless opportunities for a great outdoor lifestyle.
We choose to live on the Gold Coast because we believe it offers us the best of the world. We incorporate this into our work life by searching for inspiring individuals who share this vision and our values.
Please see below for further information regarding the application process.
We are seeking an individual whose values fit our firm culture. Specifically, we are looking for a high energy individual who wants to learn, has a positive outlook and takes pride in their work.
The hands-on role will require the successful candidate to work closely with our clients and provide them with a high standard of service. Your experience and confidence will be extremely important in communicating with a variety of key stakeholders across the business.
• Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns
• Preparation of business and instalment activity statements
• Preparation of budgets and cash flow projections
• Liaising with the ATO on client accounts to discuss client matters, request remission of general interest charges and late fees and set up payment arrangements
• Preparation of fringe benefit tax returns
• Manage, mentor and guide junior staff members
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience as an Accountant in business services
• Research skills to handle various client consultancy matters
• Undertaking CA/CPA qualification
• Demonstrate a willingness and commitment to ongoing training and development
• Excellent communication skills with team members and clients
• Proficient in accounting systems and software, including MYOB, Xero and QB
• Diligent and show attention to detail
SMSF Accountant (Full time or part time available)
Our SMSF division is a supportive and hands-on team, who provide SMSF services to a number of our clients.
• Preparing financial reports and taxation returns for SMSFs, as well as associated compliance documents
• Preparing electronic workpapers for review and audit
• Preparing quarterly and annual GST returns for SMSFs
• Reviewing funds for compliance
• Working with a range of SMSF matters including contributions, transfer balance caps, pensions and TBAR reporting
• Liaising with the ATO and other government bodies regarding client matters
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience within a similar role, including a background in SMSF administration
• Experience with Class Super software (preferred) or alternatives including BGL or Supermate
• Relevant accounting qualifications with accounting degree (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Intermediate / Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
Applications in writing to:
WMS Chartered Accountants
PO Box 5287
ROBINA TC QLD 9726
All enquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WMS Way of Life
Whether you are just starting out on your employment journey, or part way through, WMS can offer you some fantastic opportunities.
Comprehensive induction program
Learning Management System to access a library of courses and manage your learning and development
Regular in-house technical and personal development training
Leading edge technology
Paid study and exam leave
Paid professional membership fees
Modern office fit-out
Five weeks annual leave (after 12 months of service)
Regular social activities throughout the year
Touch football team (and we are up for any other sports – such as the GC Marathon!)
Fortnightly morning tea
Business casual Fridays (with donations to charity)
Where are you headed? Sail your ship. Own your destiny.
Selecting the right people for the right role at the right time in their careers is important to us.
Career opportunities are circulated internally, advertised here on our website, posted on Seek and sometimes through our social media channels.
You can expect any of the following:
Phone and/or email screening
First interview (based on cultural and values alignment OR technical ability)
Second interview (based on cultural and values alignment OR technical ability)
Reference checks (we will always advise you first prior to reference checking)
During interviews, you will be introduced to key people within the organisation with whom you may work closely with. Our interview techniques consist of behavioural, general and competency based questions.
We don’t always use all of the above, however you will be advised of the process upon first contact.
You can expect the entire recruitment process to take anywhere between 4-8 weeks from the day that you submit your application through to an offer of employment or rejection of application.
We believe in following best practice recruitment processes and providing applicants with a positive experience.
Guidance for Job Applicants
We usually receive a high volume of applications for each role we advertise. Here are some hints and tips to getting noticed:
Ensure your application includes a covering letter, resume and academic transcript or copies of certificates (where applicable).
Inject some personality into your cover letter when addressing the criteria – we love to get to know the “real” you.
If you make a statement, follow it up with an example. EG. I have excellent organisational skills. “I have excellent organisational skills. I use the Calendar and Tasks in Microsoft Outlook to keep my day planned. My phone is synced to my calendar and tasks so I can keep up to date even when I’m on the move. The first thing and last thing I do when I’m at the office is check my calendar. That way I know what my day looks like, and I can plan at the end of the day for any upcoming or last minute meetings that have been scheduled.”
Spell check – make sure you have looked over your cover letter and resume for any errors. Spell check doesn’t pick up everything. Be sure to read and re-read.
Layout – is it easy to read and follow?
Selection Criteria – have you addressed all of the selection criteria in your cover letter?
Extras – have you included any additional information as requested?
Make sure your resume is easy to read. Set it out in a methodical manner.
If you haven’t taken the time to care about the above, then we probably aren’t the right fit for you.
Contact Careers @ WMS
WMS Corporate Video
Our latest Corporate video showcasing what you can expect from every member of the team at WMS