At WMS we recognise that a business like ours plays an important role in supporting the local community. We choose to live and work in the local community for a variety of reasons and therefore feel there is a need to “give back” to the community. Some of the small ways we try to give back to the community over the years include:
– Supporting a variety of charity organisations thorough our “Friday – Casual Clothing Policy”;
– Board member and Treasurer of the Gold Coast Water Polo Association;
– Advisor to Surfing Queensland a not for profit organisation that develops the sport of surfing and stages the various surfing events across the State;
– Past committee members and taxation liaison advisor to the Urban Development Institute of Australia (“UDIA”);
– Strategic advisory to the Chancellor of Griffith University.
WMS and the Environment:
We not only like to support the local community, at WMS we take a genuine interest in helping the environment. To limit the impact our business has on the environment our office systems are paperless and all our printing is double sided. We actively use recycled paper wherever possible and have some passionate individuals within WMS that help keep us on track.
Our work with the environment does not end in the office. Many team members choose to either walk, ride or catch the train to work each day for some fresh air, exercise and reduced impact on the environment.