WMS is one of the Gold Coast’s leading Chartered Accounting firms with an outstanding team of professionals, including 7 Partners.
Living on the Gold Coast provides us with a fantastic way of life. We have pristine beaches, beautiful hinterland and endless opportunities for a great outdoor lifestyle.
We choose to live on the Gold Coast because we believe it offers us the best of the world. We incorporate this into our work life by searching for inspiring individuals who share this vision and our values.
Please see below for further information regarding the application process.
We are seeking an individual whose values fit our firm culture. Specifically, we are looking for a high energy individual who wants to learn, has a positive outlook and takes pride in their work.
Accountant (3-5 Years Experience)
With approximately 3-5 years experience, you will liaise with people at all levels of the firm to ensure our clients receive the highest standard of service. You will have commenced CA/CPA studies or recently completed.
To be considered for this role you must address the following selection criteria:
• 3-5 years experience;
• Demonstrate a willingness and commitment to ongoing training and development;
• Excellent communication skills with team members and clients;
• Proficient in accounting systems and software; and
• Diligent and show attention to detail.
Human Resources Manager
We are looking to further enhance our firm with a talented full-time Human Resource Manager. Walking into this role with confidence and gravitas, you will work closely with our firm Partners and staff enjoying a close-knit team. You will be reporting to the Manager Partner, overseeing HR functions and ensuring our people and culture align with our 5 core principles.
You are a collaborative manager and a key influencer. Your passion for innovation with people will be part of your drive. You will enjoy seeing the WMS team succeed, supporting the staff to reach their full potential and support their development.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Drive culture and embed our 5 core principles – “love it”, “grab the helm”, “shoot straight”, “fresh eyes” and “one team”;
• Responsible for the operational delivery of HR services and support to the Partners and staff;
• To provide high level advice on all employee and Human Resource relations matters;
• Develop, deliver, manage, advise on and support a range of other people management functions which may include discipline, performance management, workforce planning, policy development and implementation, capability development and reporting;
• To provide support and mentoring to Managers in the area of people management;
• Responsibility for the employment function and its operations including candidate attraction, screening and assessment, job matching, recruitment forms and procedures, induction process and exit interviews;
• To ensure that all the training is strategically linked to the company’s needs and business plans;
• Communication and compliance with regards to culture, standards, policies and procedures.
To ensure your success in this role we anticipate that the successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources;
• Proven experience (at least 3+ years) in a similar role within a professional office;
• Highly developed emotional intelligence and team leadership skills;
• An ability to maintain strong relationships with staff;
• Ability to manage time, prioritise work and seamlessly manage competing deadlines with a results oriented mindset;
• High level conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to think “big picture” yet implement practical solutions;
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Comprehensive induction programme;
• Regular personal development training monitored via a comprehensive on-line Learning Management System;
• On-Line Performance Management system;
• Five weeks annual leave after first 12 months of service;
• Leading-edge premises in The Rocket at Robina.
How to Apply
Applications in writing to:
WMS Chartered Accountants
PO Box 5287
ROBINA TC QLD 9726
All enquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
WMS Way of Life
Whether you are just starting out on your employment journey, or part way through, WMS can offer you some fantastic opportunities.
Comprehensive induction program
Learning Management System to access a library of courses and manage your learning and development
Regular in-house technical and personal development training
Leading edge technology
Paid study and exam leave
Paid professional membership fees
Modern office fit-out
Five weeks annual leave (after 12 months of service)
Regular social activities throughout the year
Touch football team (and we are up for any other sports – such as the GC Marathon!)
Fortnightly morning tea
Business casual Fridays (with donations to charity)
Where are you headed? Sail your ship. Own your destiny.
Selecting the right people for the right role at the right time in their careers is important to us.
Career opportunities are circulated internally, advertised here on our website, posted on Seek and sometimes through our social media channels.
You can expect any of the following:
Phone and/or email screening
First interview (based on cultural and values alignment OR technical ability)
Second interview (based on cultural and values alignment OR technical ability)
Reference checks (we will always advise you first prior to reference checking)
During interviews, you will be introduced to key people within the organisation with whom you may work closely with. Our interview techniques consist of behavioural, general and competency based questions.
We don’t always use all of the above, however you will be advised of the process upon first contact.
You can expect the entire recruitment process to take anywhere between 4-8 weeks from the day that you submit your application through to an offer of employment or rejection of application.
We believe in following best practice recruitment processes and providing applicants with a positive experience.
Guidance for Job Applicants
We usually receive a high volume of applications for each role we advertise. Here are some hints and tips to getting noticed:
Ensure your application includes a covering letter, resume and academic transcript or copies of certificates (where applicable).
Inject some personality into your cover letter when addressing the criteria – we love to get to know the “real” you.
If you make a statement, follow it up with an example. EG. I have excellent organisational skills. “I have excellent organisational skills. I use the Calendar and Tasks in Microsoft Outlook to keep my day planned. My phone is synced to my calendar and tasks so I can keep up to date even when I’m on the move. The first thing and last thing I do when I’m at the office is check my calendar. That way I know what my day looks like, and I can plan at the end of the day for any upcoming or last minute meetings that have been scheduled.”
Spell check – make sure you have looked over your cover letter and resume for any errors. Spell check doesn’t pick up everything. Be sure to read and re-read.
Layout – is it easy to read and follow?
Selection Criteria – have you addressed all of the selection criteria in your cover letter?
Extras – have you included any additional information as requested?
Make sure your resume is easy to read. Set it out in a methodical manner.
If you haven’t taken the time to care about the above, then we probably aren’t the right fit for you.
Contact Careers @ WMS
WMS Corporate Video
Our latest Corporate video showcasing what you can expect from every member of the team at WMS